Number of Research articles
Number of papers in last 5 years
- Lim RR, Vaidya T, Gadde SG, Yadav NK, Sethu S, Hainsworth DP, Mohan RR, Ghosh A, Chaurasia SS. Correlation between systemic S100A8 and S100A9 levels and severity of diabetic retinopathy in patients with Type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews 2019, 13: 1581-1589. Corresponding author
- Mohan RR, Tripathi R, Sharma A, Sinha PR, Giuliano EA, Hesemann NP, Chaurasia SS. Decorin antagonizes corneal fibroblast migration via caveolae-mediated endocytosis of epidermal growth factor receptor. Experimental Eye Research 2019, 180: 200-207. IF=3.152
- Lim RR, Grant DG, Olver TD, Padilla J, Czajkowski AM, Schnurbusch TR, Mohan RR, Hainsworth DP, Walters EM, Chaurasia SS. Young Ossabaw pigs fed a western diet exhibit early signs of diabetic retinopathy. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 2018, 59(6): 2325-2338. IF=3.303. Corresponding author
- Chaurasia SS, Lim RR, Parikh BH, Wey YS, Tun BB, Wong TY, Luu CD, Agrawal R, Ghosh A, Mortellaro A, Rackoczy E, Mohan RR, Barathi VA. The NLRP3 inflammasome may contribute to pathologic neovascularization in the advanced stages of diabetic retinopathy. Scientific Reports 2018, 8(1), 2847. IF=4.259. Corresponding author
- Gupta S, Fink MK, Ghosh A, Tripathi R, Sinha PR, Sharma A, Hesemann NP, Chaurasia SS, Giuliano EA, Mohan RR. Novel combination of BMP7 and HGF gene therapy instigates selective myofibroblast apoptosis and reduces corneal haze in vivo. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 2018, 59(2), 1045-1057. IF=3.303
- Jhanji V, Chan TCY, Li WY, Lim RR, Yu MCY, Law K, Yi P, Yip YWY, Lai G, Wang Q, Chaurasia SS, Mohan RR. Conventional versus Inverted Side-cut Flaps during Femtosecond-assisted Laserin situKeratomileusis: Laboratory and Clinical Evaluation. Journal of Refractive Surgery 2017; 33(2), 96-103. IF=3.314
- Anandalakshmi V, Murugan E, Leng EGT, Ting LW, Chaurasia SS, Yamazaki T, Nagashima T, George BL, Peh GSL, Pervushin K, Lakshminarayanan R, Mehta JS. Effect of position-specific single-point mutations and biophysical characterization of amyloidogenic peptide fragments identified from lattice corneal dystrophy patients. Biochemical Journal 2017; 474: 1705-1725.IF=4.396
- Pahuja N, Kumar NR, Shroff R, Shetty R, Nuijts RM, Ghosh A, Sinha-Roy A,Chaurasia SS, Mohan RR, Ghosh A. Differential Molecular Expression ofExtracellular Matrix and Inflammatory Genes at the Corneal Cone Apex Drives FocalWeakening in Keratoconus. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 2016; 57(13):5372-5382. IF=3.303
- Su X, Tan QS, Parikh BH, Tan A, Mehta MN, Sia Wey Y, Tun SB, Li LJ, Han XY,Wong TY, Hunziker W, Luu CD, Owada Y, Barathi VA, Zhang SS, Chaurasia SS.Characterization of Fatty Acid Binding Protein 7 (FABP7) in the Murine Retina. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 2016; 57(7): 3397-3408. IF=3.303. Corresponding author
- Lim RR, Tan A, Liu YC, Barathi VA, Mohan RR, Mehta JS, Chaurasia SS.ITF2357 regulates TGFβ/Smad/BMP7 Signaling Pathway to Attenuate Corneal Fibrosis. Scientific Reports 2016;Feb 11;6:20841. doi: 10.1038/srep20841.IF=5.578. Corresponding author
- Ghosh A, Shetty R,Chaurasia SS. Casual management of keratoconus. Controlling inflammation.Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 2016; 57(4): 2165.IF=3.661. Corresponding author
- Lakshminarayanan R, Tan WX, Aung TT, Goh ETL, Nandhakumar M, Li J, Chang JYT, Dixit N, Saraswathi P, Lim RR, Kang TS, Balamuralidhar V, Sukumaran B, Verma C, Sivaraman J, Chaurasia SS, Liu S, Beuerman RW. Branched peptide, B2088, disrupts the supramolecular organization of lipopolysaccharide and sensitizes the gram-negative bacteria. Scientific Reports2016; May 13; 6:25905. doi: 10.1038/srep25905. IF=5.578
- Murugan E, Venkatraman A, Lei Z, Mouvet V, Lim RR, Muruganantham N, Goh E, Beuerman RW, Chaurasia SS, Lakshminarayanan R, Mehta JS. pH induced conformational transitions in the transforming growth factor b-induced protein (TGFbIp) associated corneal dystrophy mutants. Scientific Reports 2016; Mar 31;6:23836. doi: 10.1038/srep23836. IF=5.578
- Raikwar SP, Raikwar AS, Chaurasia SS, Mohan RR. Gene editing for corneal disease management. World Journal of Translational Medicine 2016;5(1): 1-13.
- Mohan RR, Morgan BR, Anumanthan G, Sharma A, Chaurasia SS, Rieger FG. Characterization of inhibitor of differentiation (Id) proteins in human cornea. Experimental Eye Research 2016; 146: 145-153. IF=2.709
- Fox SJ, Fazil MHUT, Dhand C, Venkatesh M, Goh ETL, Harini S, Eugene C, Lim RR, Ramakrishna S, Chaurasia SS, Beuerman RW, Verma CS, Verma NK, Loh XJ, Lakshminarayanan R. Insights into the membrane selectivity of linear and branced polyethylenimines and their potential as biocides for advanced wound dressings. Acta Biomaterialia 2016; Jun;37: 155-164.IF=6.025
- Chaurasia SS, Lim RR, Lakshminarayanan R, Mohan RR. Nanomedicine approaches for corneal diseases. Journal of Functional Biomaterials 2015; 6: 277-298.
- Shetty R, Ghosh A, Murali S, Lim RR, Reshma AR, Mihir K, Nuijts R, Bueurman R, Das D, Chaurasia SS§, Sinha-Roy A, Ghosh A. Cyclosporine A regulates inflammatory cytokines and matrix metalloproteinase 9 in keratoconus patients. Investigative Ophthalmology Visual Science 2015; 56: 738-750. IF=3.661. Corresponding author
- Lakshminarayanan R*, Chaurasia SS*, Chai S-M, Anandlakshmi V, Vithana EN, Murugan E, Beuerman RW, Mehta JS. Biochemical properties and aggregation propensity of transforming growth factor induced protein (TGFβIp). The Ocular Surface 2015; 13: 9-25. IF=4.212. *These authors contributed equally to this study.
- Tong L, Lan W, Lim R, Chaurasia SS. S100A proteins as molecular targets in the ocular surface inflammatory diseases. The Ocular Surface 2014; 12:23-31. IF=4.212. Corresponding author
- Barathi A*, Chaurasia SS*, Poidinger M, Koh SK, Beuerman R, Zhou L. Involvement of GABA transporters in atropine-treated myopic retina as revealed by iTRAQ quantitative proteomics. Journal of Proteome Research 2014;13(11): 4647-4658. IF=5.001 *These authors contributed equally to this study.
- Riau AK*, Poh R*, Pickard DS, Park CHJ, Chaurasia SS, Mehta JS. Nanoscale helium ion microscopic analysis of collagen fibrillar changes following femtosecond laser dissection of human cornea. Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology 2014; 10: 1552-1562. IF=7.578. *These authors contributed equally to this study.
- Lakshminarayanan R*, Chaurasia SS*, Chai S-M, Anandlakshmi V, Vithana EN, Murugan E, Beuerman RW, Mehta JS. Clinical and genetic aspects of the TGFBI-associated corneal dystrophies. The Ocular Surface 2014; 12: 235-251. IF=4.212. *These authors contributed equally to this study.
- Mohamed-Noriega K, Riau AK, Lwin NC, Chaurasia SS, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Early corneal nerve damage and recovery following SMILE (Small Incision Lenticule Extraction and LASIK (Laser in situ keratomileusis). Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 2014; 55: 1823-1834. IF=3.661
- Chaurasia SS, Perera PR, Poh R, Lim R, Wong TT, Mehta JS. Hevin plays a pivotal role in corneal wound healing. PLoS One2013 8(11):e81544. Correction: Hevin plays a pivotal role in corneal wound healing. PLoS One 2014 9(1). IF=3.730. Corresponding author
- Hwang CK, Chaurasia SS, Jackson CR, Chan GCK, Storm DR, Iuvone PM. Circadian rhythm of contrast sensitivity is regulated by a dopamine -NPAS2 -adenylyl cyclase 1 signaling pathway in retinal ganglion cells. Journal of Neuroscience 2013; 33: 14989-14997. IF=7.6
- Tong L, Png E, Aihua H, Yong SS, Yeo HL, Riau AK, Mendoz E, Chaurasia SS, Lim CT, Ting WY, Iismaa SE. Molecular mechanism of transglutaminase-2 in corneal epithelial cell migration and adhesion. Biochimica Biophysica Acta Molecular Cell Research 2013; 1833: 1304-1315. IF=5.538
- Riau AK, Angunawela RI, Chaurasia SS, Lwin ZM, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Reversible femtosecond laser-assisted myopia correction: A non-human primate study of lenticule re-implantation after refractive lenticule extraction. PLoS One 2013; 8(6): e67058. IF=3.730
- Lim CHK*, Riau AK*, Nyein CL, Chaurasia SS, Tan DT, Mehta JS. LASIK following small incision lenticule extraction (SMILE) lenticule re-implantation: A feasibility study of a novel method for treatment of presbyopia. PLoS One 2013; 8(12): e83046. IF=3.730. *These authors contributed equally to this study.
- Han SB, Ang HP, Poh R, Chaurasia SS, Peh G, Liu J, Tan DTH, Vithana E, Mehta JS. Mice with a targeted disruption of SLC4A11 model the progressive corneal changes of congenital hereditary endothelial dystrophy. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 2013; 54: 6179-6189. IF=3.597
- Riau, AK, Ang HP, Lwin NC, Chaurasia SS, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Comparison of four different sets of circle nomograms for flap creation after small incision lenticule extraction. Journal of Refractive Surgery 2013; 29:236-244. IF=2.541
- Han SB, Ang H, Baleshosur D, Peh G, Chaurasia SS, Tan DTH, Mehta JS. A mouse model of corneal endothelial decomposition using cryoinjury. Molecular Vision 2013; 19:1222- 1230. IF=2.513
- Chaurasia SS, Champakalakshmi R, Li A, Tan XW, Lakshminarayanan R, Lim CT, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Effect of fibrin glue on the mechanical properties of human descemet’smembrane. PLoS One 2012;7(5), e37456. IF=4.092
- Robinson R*, Barathi VA*, Chaurasia SS, Wong TY, Kern T. Update on animal models of diabetic retinopathy: from molecular approaches to mice and higher mammals. Disease Models and Mechanisms 2012; 5: 444-456. REVIEW ARTICLE IF=5.053 . *These authors contributed equally to this study.
- Chaurasia SS*, Champakalakshmi R*, Angunawela RI, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Optimization of fibrin glue spray systems for ophthalmic surgery. Translational Vision Science & Technology 2012; 1(3):1. IF=2.221. *These authors contributed equally to this study.
- Ang M, Chaurasia SS, Angunawela RI, Poh R, Riau A, Tan D, Mehta JS. Femtosecond lenticule extraction (FLEx): Clinical Results, Interface Evaluation, and Intraocular pressure variation. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 2012; 53(3): 1414- 1421. IF=3.597
- Elavazhagan M, Lakshminarayanan R, Zhou L, Ting LW, Tong L, Beuerman, Chaurasia SS, Mehta JS. Expression, purification and characterization of Fourth FAS1 domain of TGFβIp-associated corneal dystrophic mutants. Protein Expression & Purification 2012; 84:108-115. IF=1.654. Corresponding author
- Angunawela RI, Riau A, Chaurasia SS, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Manual suction versus femtosecond laser trephination for penetrating keratoplasty: Real- time intraocular pressure, endothelial cell damage, incision geometry and wound healing responses. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 2012; 53 (6):2571- 2579. IF=3.597
- Riau AK, Angunawela RI, Chaurasia SS, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Effect of femtosecond laser firing sequences on collagen disruption during refractive lenticule extraction (ReLEx) procedure. Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery 2012; 38:1467-1475. IF=2.5
- Angunawela RI*, Riau AK*, Chaurasia SS, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Refractive lenticule re- implantation after myopic ReLEx: a feasibility study of stromal restoration after refractive surgery in a rabbit model. Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science 2012; 53(8): 4975-4985. IF=3.597. *These authors contributed equally to this study.
- Riau AK, Tan NYS, Angunawela RI, Chaurasia SS, Mehta JS. Reproducibility and age- related changes of ocular parametric measurements in rabbits. BMC Veterinary Research 2012; 8: 138. IF=2.0
- Png E, Samivelu GK, Yeo SH, Chew J, Chaurasia SS, Tong L. Hyperosmolarity mediated dysfunction requires transglutaminase-2 in human corneal epithelial cells. Journal of Cellular Physiology 2011; 226: 693-699. IF=4.058
- Jackson CR, Chaurasia SS, Hwang CK, Iuvone PM. Dopamine D4 receptor activation controls circadian timing of the adenylyl cyclase 1/cyclic AMP signaling system in mouse retina. European Journal of Neuroscience 2011; 34(1): 57-64. IF=3.759
- Riau A, Wong TT, Finger SN, Chaurasia SS, Hou AH, Chen S, Yu SJ, Tong L. Aberrant DNA methylation of matrix remodeling and cell adhesion related genes in pterygium. PLoS One 2011; 6:e14687. IF=4.092
- Haque R, Chong NW, Ali F, Chaurasia SS, Sengupta T, Klein D, Iuvone PM. Melatonin synthesis in retina: cAMP-dependent transcriptional regulation of the chicken arylalkylamine N-acetyltransferase (Aanat) gene by a CRE-like sequence (CLS) and a TTATT repeat motif in the proximal promoter. Journal of Neurochemistry 2011; 119: 6- 17. IF=4.201
- Salomao MQ, Chaurasia SS, Ambrosio R Jr., Esposito A, Sepulveda R, Agrawal V, Wilson SE. Corneal wound Healing after riboflavin-ultraviolet A (UVA) collagen cross linking : A Rabbit Study. Journal of Refractive Surgery 2011; 27: 401-407. IF=2.541
- Riau AK, Angunawela RI, Chaurasia SS, Lee WS, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Early corneal wound healing and inflammatory responses after refractive lenticule extraction (ReLEx). Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 2011;52: 6213-6221. IF=3.597
- Lakshminarayanan R*, Vithana EN*, Chai SM*, Chaurasia SS, Saraswathi P, Venkataraman A, Rojare C, Venkataraman D, Tan D, Aung T, Beuerman RW, Mehta JS. A novel mutation in TGFβIp (BIGH3) reveals secondary structure perturbation in lattice corneal dystrophy. British Journal of Ophthalmology 2011;95: 1457-1462. IF=2.989. *These authors contributed equally to this study.
- Lam SM, Tong L, Yong SS, Li B, Chaurasia SS, Shui G, Wenk MR. Meibum lipid composition in Asians with dry eye disease. PLoS One 2011; 6: e24339. IF=4.092
- Angunawela RI, Poh R, Chaurasia SS, Tan DT, Mehta JS. A mouse model of lamellar intrastromal femtosecond laser keratotomy: ultra-structural, inflammatory, and wound healing responses.Molecular Vision 2011; 17: 3005-3012.IF=2.513
- Mohamed-Noriega K, Kah-Peng T, Poh R, Riau A, Peh GSL, Htoon HM, Chaurasia SS, Tan DT, Mehta JS. Viability of human cornea lenticule following refractive lenticule extraction (ReLEx) before and after cryopreservation. Molecular Vision 2011; 17: 3437-3449. IF=2.513
- Chaurasia SS, Gimeho FL, Tan K, Yu S, Tan DT, Beuerman RW, Mehta JS. In vivo real-time recording of intraocular pressure during LASIK flap creation. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 2010; 51: 4641-4645.IF=3.862
- Ebrahem Q, Chaurasia SS, Vasanji A, Qi JH, Klenotic PA, Cutler A, Anand-Apte B. Cross-talk between vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) in the induction of neovascularization in vivo. American Journal of Pathology 2010; 176: 496-503. IF=5.571
- Barbosa FL, Chaurasia SS, Cutler A, Asosingh K, Kaur H, de Medeiros FW, Agrawal V, Wilson SE. Corneal myofibroblast generation from bone marrow-derived cells. Experimental Eye Research 2010; 91: 92-96. IF=3.259
- Tong L, Chaurasia SS, Mehta JS, Beuerman RW. Screening for Meibomian gland disease and its relation to dry eye subtypes and symptoms in a tertiary referral clinic in Singapore. Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science 2010; 51: 3449-3454. IF=3.862
- Barbosa FL, Chaurasia SS, Kaur H, de Medeiros FW, Agrawal V, Wilson SE. Stromal interleukin-1 expression in the cornea after Haze-associated injury. Experimental Eye Research 2010; 91: 449-455. IF=3.259
- Qi JH, Dai G, Luthert P, Chaurasia S, Hollyfield J, Weber BHF, Anand-Apte B. S156C-mutation in tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-3 induces increased angiogenesis. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2009; 284: 19927-19936.IF=5.117
- Jackson CR*, Chaurasia SS*, Zhou H, Haque R, Iuovne PM. Essential roles of dopamine D4 receptors and the type 1 adenylyl cyclase in photic control of cyclic AMP in photoreceptor cells. Journal of Neurochemistry 2009; 109: 148-157. IF=4.8. *These authors contributed equally to this study.
- Chaurasia SS, Kaur H, Medeiros FW, Smith SD, Wilson SE. Dynamics of the Expression of Intermediate Filaments Vimentin and Desmin during Myofibroblast Differentiation after corneal injury. Experimental Eye Research 2009; 89: 152-158. Reprinted with color graphs. Experimental Eye Research 2009; 89: 590-596. IF=3.259
- Kaur H, Chaurasia SS, Medeiros FW, Agrawal V, Salomao MQ, Singh N, Ambati BK, Wilson SE. Corneal stroma PDGF blockade and myofibroblast development. Experimental Eye Research2009; 88: 960-965. IF=3.259
- Heur M, Chaurasia SS, Wilson SE. Expression of interleukin-1 receptor antagonist in Human cornea. Experimental Eye Research 2009; 88 :992-994. IF=3.259
- de Medeiros FW, Kaur H, Agrawal V, Chaurasia SS, Hammel J, Dupps WJ, Wilson SE. Effect of femtosecond energy level on corneal stromal cell death and inflammation. Journal of Refractive Surgery 2009; 25: 869-874. IF=2.541
- Kaur H, Chaurasia SS, Agrawal V, Suto C, Wilson SE. Corneal myofibroblasts viability : Opposing effects of IL-1 and TGF-b1. Experimental Eye Research 2009; 89: 152-158. IF=3.259
- Kaur H, Chaurasia SS, Agrawal V, Wilson SE. Expression of PDGF receptor ain corneal myofibroblasts in situ. Experimental Eye Research2009; 89: 432-434. IF=3.259
- Li Ping, Chaurasia SS, Gao Y, Carr AL, Iuvone PM, Li L. CLOCK is required for maintaining the circadian rhythms of opsin mRNA expression in photoreceptor cells. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2008; 283: 31673-31678. IF=5.117
- Stepleton WM, Chaurasia SS, Medeiros FW, Mohan RR, Sinha S, Wilson SE. Topical interleukin-1 receptor antagonist inhibits inflammatory cell infiltration into the cornea. Experimental Eye Research 2008; 86: 753-777. IF=3.259
- Medeiros FW, Mohan RR, Suto C, Sinha S, Bonilha VL, Chaurasia SS, Wilson SE. Haze development after photorefractive keratectomy: Mechanical vs. Ethanol epithelial removal in Rabbits. Journal of Refractive Surgery 2008;24: 923-927.IF=2.541
- Luthra R, Kerr SC, Harreman MT, Apponi LH, Fasken MB, Ramineni S, Chaurasia S, Valentini SR, Corbett AH. Actively transcribed GAL genes can be physically linked to the nuclear pore by the SAGA chromatin modifying complex. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2007; 282: 3042-3049.IF=5.117
- Wilson SE, Chaurasia SS, Medeiros FW. Apoptosis in the initiation, modulation and termination of the corneal wound healing response. Experimental Eye Research REVIEW ARTICLE 2007; 85: 305-311. IF=3.259
- Chaurasia SS, Pozdeyev N, Haque R, Visser A, Ivanova TN, Iuvone PM.Circadian clockwork machinery in neural retina: evidence for the presence of functional clock components in photoreceptor-enriched chick retinal cell cultures. Molecular Vision 2006; 12: 215-223. IF=2.513
- Tosini G, Chaurasia SS, Michael Iuvone P.Regulation of arylalkylamine N-acetyltransferase (AANAT) in the retina. Chronobiology International 2006; 23(1&2): 381-391. REVIEW ARTICLE. IF=4.028
- Bellingham J, Chaurasia SS, Melyan Z, Liu C, Cameron MA, Tarttelin EE, Iuvone PM, Hankins MW, Tosini G, Lucas RJ.Evolution of Melanopsin Photoreceptors: Discovery and Characterization of a New Melanopsin in Nonmammalian Vertebrates. PLoS Biology 2006; 4(8), e254.IF=14.8 Comments in: Clock of ages. Research Highlights. Nature 2006; 442:448. Letter to the Editor. Melanopsin photopigment comes in two distinct forms. PLoS Biology 2006; 4(8): 1289.
- Pozdeyev N, Taylor C, Haque R, Chaurasia SS, Visser A, Thazyeen A, Du Y, Fu H, Weller J, Klein DC, Iuvone PM.Photic regulation of arylalkylamine N-acetyltransferase binding to 14-3-3 proteins in retinal photoreceptor cells. Journal of Neuroscience 2006; 26: 9153-9161. IF=7.915
- Chaurasia SS, Haque R, Pozdeyev N, Jackson CR, Iuvone PM.Temporal coupling of cyclic AMP and Ca/calmodulin-stimulated adenylyl cyclase to the circadian clock in chick retinal photoreceptor cells. Journal of Neurochemistry 2006; 99: 1142-1150. IF=4.8
- Iuvone PM, Tosini G, Pozdeyev N, Haque R, Klein DC, Chaurasia SS*.Circadian clocks, clock networks, arylalkylamine N-acetyltransferase, and melatonin in the retina. Progress in Retina and Eye Research 2005; 24: 433-56. REVIEW ARTICLE.IF=10.252. *6thMost Cited Article in 2010.
- Chaurasia SS, Rollag MD, Jiang G, Hayes WP, Haque R, Natesan A, Zatz M, Tosini G, Liu C, Korf HW, Iuvone PM, Provencio I.Molecular cloning, localization and circadian expression of chicken melanopsin (Opn4): differential regulation of expression in pineal and retinal cell types. Journal of Neurochemistry 2005; 92: 158-170. IF=4.8
- Chong NW, Chaurasia SS, Haque R, Klein DC and Iuvone PM. Temporal-spatial characterization of clock genes: diverse expression in retina, pineal gland, and peripheral tissues. Journal of Neurochemistry 2003; 85: 851-860. IF=4.8
- Haque R, Alonso-Gomez AL, Chaurasia SSand Iuvone PM. Diurnal regulation of arylalkylamine N-acetyltransferase activity in chicken retinal cells in vitro: analysis of culture conditions.Molecular Vision 2003; 9: 52-59. IF=2.513
- Iuvone PM, Brown AD, Haque R, Weller J, Zawilska JB, Chaurasia SS, Ma M, Klein DC, Retinal melatonin production: Role of proteasomal proteolysis in circadian and photic control of arylalkylamine N-acetyltransferase. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 2002 ; 43 : 564-572. IF=3.862
- Haque R, Chaurasia SS, Wessel JH, Iuvone PM. Dual regulation of cryptochrome1 mRNA expression in chicken retina by light and circadian oscillators. NeuroReport 2002; 13: 2247-2251. IF=2.4
- Chaurasia SS, Panda S and Kar A. Withania somniferaroot extract in the regulation of lead-induced oxidative damage in male mouse. Pharmacological Research 2000; 41: 663-666. IF=4.436
- Gupta P, Chaurasia SS, Maiti PK and Kar A. Cadmium induced inhibition of Type-I Iodothyronine 5’-monodeiodinase in Young Cockerel: The possible involvement of free radicals.Water, Air and Soil Pollution 2000; 117: 245-250.IF=1.892
- Chaurasia SSand Kar A. An oxidative mechanism for the inhibition of Iodothyronine 5′-monodeiodianse activity by lead Nitrate in the fish, Heteropneustes fossilis. Water, Air and Soil Pollution 1999; 111: 417-423. IF=1.892. Corresponding author
- Chaurasia SSand Gupta PD. Cryptochromes : The Novel Circadian Photoreceptors. Current Science 1999; 77 :632. IF=1.1. Corresponding author
- Chaurasia SS, Gupta P, Maiti PK and Kar A. Possible involvement of lipid peroxidation in the inhibition oftype I iodothyronine 5′-monodeiodinase activity by lead in chicken liver. Journal of Applied Toxicology 1998; 18: 299-300. IF=2.478. Corresponding author
- Chaurasia SSand Kar A. Lead induced oxidative damage to the membrane associated type I iodothyronine 5′-monodeiodinase activity in chicken liver homogenate. Fresenius Environmental Bulletin 1998; 7: 209-215.IF=0.72
- Chaurasia SSand Kar A. Protective effects of vitamin E against lead-induced deterioration of membrane associated type I iodothyronine 5′-monodeiodinase activity in male mice.Toxicology 1997; 124: 203-209. IF=3.681. Corresponding author
- Chaurasia SS and Kar A. Influence of lead on type I iodothyronine 5′-ionodeiodinase activity in male mouse. Hormone and Metabolic Research 1997; 29:532-533. IF=2.7
- Chaurasia SS, Panda S and Kar A. Lead inhibits type-I iodothyronine 5′-monodeiodinase in Indian rock pigeon, Columba livia: A possible involvement of essential thiol groups. Journal of Biosciences1997; 22:247-254. IF=2.218
- Gupta P, Chaurasia SS, Maiti PK and Kar A. Cadmium induced alterations in extrathyroidal conversion of thyroxine to triiodothyronine by type-I iodothyronine 5′-monodeiodinase in male mouse. Hormone and Metabolic Research 1997; 29:151-152. IF=2.7
- Gupta P, Chaurasia SS, Kar A and Maiti PK. Influence of cadmium on thyroid hormone concentrations and lipid peroxidation in a fresh water fish, Clarias batrachus. Fresenius Environmental Bulletin 1997; 6:355-358.IF=0.72
- Maiti PK, Gupta P, Chaurasia SSand Kar A. Dimethoate exposure impairs thyroid function and hepatic 5′-monodeiodination of thyroxine to 3,3′,5-triiodothyronine in cockerel. Fresenius Environmental Bulletin 1997; 6:378-382.IF=0.72
- Chaurasia SS, Gupta P, Kar A and Maiti PK. Free radical mediated membrane perturbation and inhibition of type I iodothyronine5′-monodeiodinase activity by lead and cadmium in rat liver homogenate. IUBMB Life (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology International) 1996; 39 (4): 765-770. IF=3.598. Corresponding author
- Chaurasia SS, Gupta P, Kar A and Maiti P. Lead induced thyroid dysfunction and lipid peroxidation in fish, Clarias batrachuswith special reference to hepatic type I 5′-monodeiodinase activity. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology1996; 56:649-654. IF=1.14
- Maiti PK, Gupta P, Chaurasia SSand Kar A. Dimethoate induced lipid peroxidation and inhibition of type-I Iodothyronine 5’-monodeiodinase activity in Young Cockerel. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology 1996; 57:335-340. IF=1.14
- Chaurasia SS, Gupta P, Kar A and Maiti PK. Lead impairs type-I 5′-monodeiodinase activity and thyroid function in cockerels. Current Science 1995; 69 : 698-700. IF=1.1. Corresponding author
- Maiti PK, Kar A, Gupta P and Chaurasia SS. Loss of membrane integrity and inhibition of type I iodothyronine 5′-monodeiodinase activity by Fenvalerate in female mouse. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 1995; 214:905-909. IF=3.0
- Gupta P, Kar A, Maiti PK and Chaurasia SS. Chronic cadmium administration alters circulating thyroid hormone concentrations and the status of reproductive organs in male mouse. Fresenius Environmental Bulletin 1995; 4:333-335. IF=0.72